How to play online responsibly
If you choose to play online, there are some general guidelines that can help make to you’re your experience safer, and reduce the risk that problem gambling can occur:
- Play for entertainment, and not as a way of making money.
- Play with money that you can afford to lose. Never use money that you need for important things such as food, rent, bills, or tuition.
- Set deposit limits. This way you ensure you never deposit more than you can afford to lose. If an online operator does not give you this option then you should not play there.
- Never chase losses. If you lose money, don’t play higher to try and recoup your losses.
- Don’t play online when you are upset, tired, or depressed.
- Balance your online gaming with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so gambling does not become too big a part of your life.
If you feel you might have a gambling problem, and seek further advice or counseling, you can visit these web sites:
- GamCare (UK)
- Gamble Aware (Ireland)
- Adictel (France)
- GamblingTherapy (World Wide)
- Tactus (Netherlands)
- Fejar (Spain)
- Gambling Help On Line (Australia)
- Responsible Gaming Resource Ctr (Canada)
- Center for Ludomani (Denmark)
- Morningside Recovery (USA)
- Logout (Slovenia)
- Center for Addiction Treatment Nova Gorica (Slovenia)